Fast Facts on Commercial Energy UsePosted on Monday, November 12th, 2012 at 5:21 pm by Solar Energy USA
Facts about Energy Use in Commercial and Industrial Facilities:
- Combined number of commercial buildings (4.8 million) and industrial facilities (350,000) in the United States: Over 5 million
- Combined annual energy costs for U.S. commercial buildings ($107.9 billion) and industrial facilities ($94.4 billion): $202.3 billion dollars
- Portion of energy in buildings used inefficiently or unnecessarily: 30 percent
- Combined percentage of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions generated by commercial buildings (17 percent) and industrial facilities (28 percent): 45 percent
- Percentage of energy use reduction targeted by ENERGY STAR Challenge: 10 percent
- Amount of money that would be saved if the energy efficiency of commercial and industrial buildings improved by 10 percent: $20 billion dollars
- Amount of greenhouse gas emissions that would be reduced if the energy efficiency of commercial and industrial buildings improved by 10 percent: Equal to about 30 million vehicles
- Number of registered automobiles in Illinois, New York, Ohio, and Texas combined: About 30 million
Global Energy Facts:
- The approximate energy released in the burning of a wood match: 1 BTU
- Total energy used in the United States each year: 99.89 quadrillion BTU
- Portion of U.S. annual energy use created by the combustion of fossil fuels: 86 percent
- Amount of global carbon dioxide (CO2) released into the atmosphere in 2005: 6,000 million metric tons
- U.S. contribution of global greenhouse gas emissions: About 20 percent
- U.S. population relative to the world: 5 percent
- Amount of greenhouse gas emissions that have increased between 1970 and 2004: 70 percent
- Period of time in which 11 of the 12 warmest years on record have occurred: 1995 to 2006
The above information was provided by ENERGY STAR – a government backed program helping businesses and individuals protect the environment through superior energy efficiency.
Solar Energy USA specializes in affordable solar solutions designed to create a level of immunity to rising power costs and help others offset greenhouse gas emissions through renewable energy production.
Net Zero USA is a division of Solar Energy USA that specializes in energy efficiency – both commercial and residential. The Net Zero USA home improvement division offers energy efficient home improvements designed to cut a home energy bill in half. Combined with affordable solar solutions, it is possible for a homeowner to completely eliminate a power bill. The Net Zero USA commercial division specializes in commercial energy efficiency solutions including energy efficient lighting, energy management systems, and high efficiency related power factor correction products. The Net Zero USA mission is simple and our comprehensive solutions will improve net operating costs, reduce dependence on foreign oil, maintain steady job growth, and make our nation’s industry more competitive in international markets.
You can go with this….
Or you can go with that….